Since 1996, the Vancouver Island South Film & Media Commission has been the go-to agency for film productions doing business in Greater Victoria.
As a non-profit film commission, we play an indispensable role in the economic development of the Greater Victoria region – helping to generate more than $162-million in spending in the Capital Regional District in the past decade. Almost $13-million went into the local economy last year.
The Vancouver Island South Film & Media Commission offers:
* a digital library with hundreds of photos of unique locations
* an on-line database of local crew that can be accessed anywhere in the world
* professional scouting services and local support
* liaison between producer and city services – providing education and support to help foster a film-friendly environment!
Film dollars spent by local crew and outside productions support a wide range of businesses in the CRD – from accommodations, airlines, vehicle rentals, locations, equipment rentals, restaurants and coffee, to office supplies, photofinishing, gas purchases, taxi, and water services, to name a few.
The Film Commission promotes local economic development. We support jobs for local film crew – allowing them to work, buy homes and spend their income in the Greater Victoria economy. Our vital film industry creates diverse skilled jobs and training opportunities for young people on Vancouver Island and generates replacement jobs for the resource sector.
* Help grow the film industry in Greater Victoria.
* Gain a greater understanding of film industry needs.
* Build exposure & relationships with film clientele.
* Stay abreast of film & television industry trends and needs.
* Help sell the Greater Victoria area as a unique film destination.
* Enhance the experience of film production companies shooting in Greater Victoria.
Please email Brian for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org